Thursday, August 7, 2008

Charity, Tithes and Giving Away Money

One of the controversial concept on money is giving it away. In this case giving to charity or giving tithes to the church. There are a lot of topics you can find on how, when and what to give. One that I recently read is a book written by a Filipino Lifestyle Coach and his name is Ferdinand "Chinkee" Tan. The title of the book is "Till Debt Do Us Part". Some of his advise on giving away money are:

1. Money should be your possesion and not possess you.
2. God is his business partner and as such he gives 10% of it to his church.

If you want to know more regarding this, you can buy his book.

As for me, I never am a firm believer in giving away my hard earned money but I am more than willing to give it a try. What I did was save at least 10% of my earnings and profits and give it to less fortunate people than me. Instead of only giving tithes to the church.

Another way is this, I am attaching a conversation regarding breast cancer and all profits will go to a charity institution. You can make it happen by joining me. So please join in an share whatever you can.

No comments: